Vacation Frame with Rope Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden frame
- Midwest wood rope trim
- Scrapbooking paper and scraps of blue cardstock
- Acrylic paints -- tan and white
- Metal word labels
- Photo and beach treasures
- Miter box
- Paper trimmer
- Small paint brush
- Glue stick
- Tacky glue
- Ruler with metal edge
- X-Acto knife
- Using miter box, cut the rope trim to fit around frame. Glue to frame and allow to dry.
- Paint entire frame tan. Let dry. Sand and wipe away dust. Apply a second coat of tan for good coverage.
- Drybrush white paint on the high points of rope trim.
- Cut paper to fit within rope trim. Openings for photo and shells will be cut at a later stage.
- Spread glue from glue stick on entire surface of frame, paying special attention to all edges. Lay paper onto frame and smooth out. When dry, flip frame over and cut out openings with X-Acto knife.
- Create a background with scrap paper for the smaller opening. Glue into place. When dry, glue in shells.
- Tear scraps of blue cardstock against the edge of a ruler. Glue on metal words and attach to frame, suspending above shells. Add other beach findings and photo.