Valentine Heart Paw Bandana
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt® Americana® painting supplies:
Fabric Painting Medium
Acrylic Paint: Snow White, Lavender, Razzle Berry
- Paintbrushes: #12 flat, 3/0 liner
- Pink bandana
- Piece of cardboard
- Heart stencil
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Iron & ironing surface
Note: Allow coats of paint to dry between steps.
1. Wash and dry bandana; do not use fabric softener. Iron bandana to remove wrinkles.
2. Line work surface with piece of cardboard and place front half of bandana over cardboard. The back half should be tucked behind cardboard to eliminate possibility of paint seeping through to back side and onto work surface.
3. Mix DecoArt® Americana® Fabric Painting Medium with Razzle Berry paint according to directions on Fabric Painting Medium bottle. Use heart-shaped stencil and #12 flat brush to add hearts to random areas of bandana.
4. To turn some Razzle Berry hearts into heart paws, dip handle end of brush into Razzle Berry. Using handle end like pen, draw in circular motion to add four “toes” above heart.
5. Repeat step 3 with other paint colors to add hearts in various places on bandana.
6. Use handle end of 3/0 liner brush to add polka dots along edge of bandana. Begin with one color and place dots about 1” apart. When finished, move to second color, adding new dot color after each first dot. Repeat for third color. Tip: Throughout this process, occasionally lift bandana so paint doesn’t stick to cardboard underneath. If it sticks, it can be cleaned off later.
7. Allow to dry and cure for 48 hours. Heat set according to directions on Fabric Painting Medium bottle. Wash, if desired, or to remove bits of cardboard left on bandana surface.