Valentine's Card Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/3 yd fabric for back
- 10" x 12" fabric for heart
- 1/4 yd fabric for heart pocket
- 3" x 12" fabric for trim
- 1/4 yd fabric for ties
- 3/4 yd heavy weight craft interfacing
- 10" x 12" Heat'n Bond®
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Cut two 11" x 14" pieces of fabric and interfacing for front and back.
2. Follow manufacturer’s directions and fuse interfacing to WS of front and back.
3. Trace heart onto paper side of Heat'n Bond.
4. Follow manufacturer’s directions and fuse Heat'n Bond to wrong side of heart fabric; cut out heart.
5. Center heart and fuse to RS of front.
6. Cut 2 of heart pocket and interfacing; fuse interfacing to WS of pocket pieces.
7. With WST, fold trim piece together; pin to top edge or RS of pocket front.
8. With RST, sew top edge of pocket front to back. All seams are to be 1/4".
9. Turn and press pocket with edges even and trim to front.
10. Pin pocket to heart (Note: pocket is slightly larger than heart.)
11. Machine embroider all around heart as shown.
12. Cut 2 ties 36" x 2-1/2".
13. With WST, press tie in half, open and press edges to center; refold in half and edge stitch.
14. Repeat with second tie.
15. Fold each tie in half and baste to front 2-1/2" in from edges.
16. With WST, stitch front to back; leaving an opening in the bottom for turning.
17. Clip corners and turn RS out.
18. Press; slip stitch opening closed.
19. Edge stitch all around.