SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White cardstock measuring 7"x10"
- Core’dinations® Foundations™ Canvas Texture paper: Turquoise
- Me & My Big Ideas® Acid & Lignin-Free scrapbooking paper
- Hot off the Press, Inc. Vellum Hearts & Dots
- Sharpie® Medium Point Oil-Based Opaque Paint Marker: Metallic Gold
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Coats & Clark® Dual Duty Plus® All-purpose thread: Dark Rose
- Hand-sewing needle
- A piece of scrap paper
1. Fold sheet of white cardstock in half to create a 5"x7" card.
2. Using a scrap piece of paper, cut a 1" heart out to use as a pattern. Using this pattern, cut seven hearts out of the scrapbooking paper.
3. Glue the seven hearts onto the front of the card to create the “L". Allow to dry 10-15 minutes.
4. Cut seven hearts out of vellum using the same heart pattern.
5. Hand sew the vellum hearts onto the scrapbooking paper hearts, sewing them down the center of the hearts. Fold the vellum hearts down the center to give dimension to the card.
6. Using the Sharpie® Paint Marker, write in script “ove" onto the card and allow writing to dry 1-2 minutes.
7. Trace the “ove" with hand stitching.
8. Cut a piece of turquoise paper measuring 10"x7". Fold in half to measure 5"x7". Glue to the inside of the card to cover the hand-sewing knots, this will create a smooth writing surface. Allow to dry 10-15 minutes.