Valentine's Day Gift Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White take-out box
- Offray® ribbon, 7/8" wide: Ocean Blue
- Me & My Big Ideas® Acid & Lignin Free scrapbooking paper
- Hot off the Press, Inc. Vellum Hearts & Dots
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Coats & Clark® Dual Duty Plus® All-purpose thread: Dark Rose
- Wilton® Pastel 100 Baking Cups
- Sewing needle
- Scrap of paper
1. Cut a piece of ribbon measuring 8¾" and glue it starting in the middle of the ribbon on the bottom of the box, up both sides, and ending on the top of the box, leaving the opening free.
2. Using a scrap piece of paper, cut a 1" heart out to use as a pattern. Using this pattern cut two hearts out of the scrapbooking paper. Glue these to the sides of the box, centering them over the ribbon.
3. Using the same pattern just made, cut two hearts from the vellum. Hand sew them to the box, positioning them directly over the paper hearts already glued on, and sewing a line of stitches down the center of the heart. Fold the vellum hearts down the center to add dimension.
4. Separate out 12 baking cups to make the flower for the top. Put a small amount of glue in the center of the bottom of one of the baking cups and glue another baking cup into it.
5. Take two more baking cups and fold them each in half, gluing them into the previously glued cups, one on each side. Put glue only on the bottom of the baking cup, leaving the sides of the cup free. Repeat with two additional baking cups. For variety, use two or three colors of baking cups, alternating colors for each step.
6. Using two more baking cups, fold each in half and then in half again. Glue into the previously glued baking cups, one on each side. Repeat with two additional baking cups.
7. With two more baking cups, fold each in half, in half again, and in half a third time. Glue these into the center of the other glued cups to make the center of the flower.
8. Glue or stitch baking cup flower to the top of the box, making sure to fasten just half of the flower onto the side of the top with the tab. Leave the tab free to close the box.