Vanna's Vanilla Throw
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice®
- Linen, 5 balls (A)
- White, 5 balls (B)
- Beige, 5 balls (C) or colors of choice
- Crochet hook size Q-19 (15 mm)
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- 11” (28 cm) piece of heavy cardboard
- 45” x 60” (114.5 x 152.5 cm)
- 3 V-sts + 4 rows = 6 in. (15 cm) in pattern with 3 strands of yarn held together.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Throw is worked with 1 strand of each color yarn held together.
- With 1 strand each of A, B and C held together, ch 67.
- Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 1, dc in same ch (V-st made), *sk 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch (V-st made); repeat from * to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch.
- Rows 2–39: Ch 3, turn, (dc, ch 1, dc) in each ch-1 space across, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- Side Edging
- From right side, work 1 row of single crochet evenly spaced along (long) side edge of Throw. Repeat on opposite side edge.
- Wrap yarn around cardboard. Cut strands at one end. For each fringe, hold 3 strands of each yarn (9 strands total) together and fold in half. Use crochet hook to draw fold through edge of piece, forming a loop. Pull ends of fringe through this loop and tighten. Make fringe along both ends of Throw. Trim fringe evenly.
- ch = chain
- ch-space = space previously made
- dc = double crochet
- sk = skip
- st(s) = stitch(es)