Vegetable Print Floral Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One white canvas tote 13-1/2"W x 13-1/2"L x 4"D or similar size
- Cardboard 11"x12"
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Water container
- Medium & small acrylic brushes
- Medium head of celery
- Folk Art® Plaid® Acrylic Paint: Aqua, Wicker White, Hauser Green Light, Fresh Foliage
- Medium eggplant
1. Put cardboard inside tote.
2. Cut head of celery about 3" from base.
3. Mix Wicker White paint and Aqua paint on a small plate.
4. Paint mixed blue paint on ends of celery stalks generously with brush.
5. Stamp celery on Tote in desired pattern. Use extra stalk ends with paint to fill in any holes in the design.
6. Design may be touched up with a small brush. Let dry.
7. Cut 1/4" slice with knife. Cut a 2" leaf shape with knife from eggplant.
8. Pour green paints onto paper plate and mix desired color. Paint with brush one side of leaf. Stamp onto Tote. Press gently with palm or fingers. Reapply paint onto stamp and stamp leaf pattern onto Tote to create an all over floral pattern. Let dry.
9. Remove cardboard.