Velvet Wine Bottle Jacket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Velvet or other fabric of choice, 1/2 yd each of two
- 3 Embellishments of choice
- 1 yd ribbon or cord
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Cut one of each fabric 13" wide by 14" high.
- With right sides facing, sew around sides and top.
- Clip corners, turn and press.
- Bring sides together, overlapping by 1/2". Pin in place.
- Turn inside out and stitch along the open bottom. Sew across ends of bottom seam, making box corners. Trim off the triangle point and zig zag raw edges.
- Turn, place bottles in cover and pin together the overlap.
- Sew embellishments on overlapping section.
- Tie cords or bow around neck and fold the top back exposing the lining.