Vertical Butterfly Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tombow:Permanent AdhesiveMono Multi Liquid GluePower TabsFoam Tabs
- DCWV® Floral Flair Stack
- Butterfly die cut
- Nestabilities - Classic Scalloped Hearts (Spellbinders)
- Crystal beads & drop pendant
- Silver wire, 22 gauge
General: For the patterned cardstock and solid colored cardstock papers, choose papers that coordinate but have a nice contrast – choosing two multi-colored patterned papers for the elements makes the project visually busy. The banner can be as long as desired just by adding multiple elements on a longer piece of wire.
1. For the 3-D Butterfly, cut out two large butterflies from patterned cardstock and two
large butterflies from a solid colored cardstock. Butterfly and heart patterns not
2. For the 3-D heart,å cut out four large hearts from patterned cardstock and two
medium hearts from a solid colored cardstock.
3. For the layered heart, cut two large hearts and two small hearts from patterned
cardstock. Cut two medium sized hearts from a solid colored cardstock.
4. For the banner, cut two 2'x5' panels from patterned cardstock, two medium sized
hearts from patterned cardstock, and two small hearts from a solid colored
cardstock. Cut a “V" notch at the bottom of each banner piece.
5. Make two layered heart pieces. Adhere medium hearts to large heart using
Permanent Adhesive. Adhere the small hearts on top with Foam Tabs. Add
rhinestones to decorate with Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
6. Make two banner pieces. Adhere a medium heart to the banner using Permanent
Adhesive. Adhere the small hearts on top with Foam Tabs. Add rhinestones to
decorate with Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
7. Adhere medium hearts to the middle of two large hearts using Permanent
Adhesive. Fold each heart in half. Glue the four heart halves together, lining the
edges up perfectly, using the Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
8. Fold each butterfly in half. Glue the four butterfly halves together, lining the edges
up perfectly, using the Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
9. Make a small loop at the end of a 15' piece of wire. Thread on a few crystal beads.
Thread on the 3-D butterfly, more beads and then the 3-D hearts. Add a few
crystal beads, and attach layered hearts and banners with wire sandwiched in-
between using Power Tabs.
10. Add a drop pendant to bottom of the wire and trim off any excess wire.