1. Using Simplicity® Rotary Cutting Machine, cut and sew 2 yds. bias strips, use the cutting guide from the manufacturer after choosing the piping size.
2. Make 2 yds. of piping according to the manufactures instructions with the Simplicity® Deluxe Bias and Piping Machine.
3. Pillow top:
a. Cutting Instructions:
i. Cut one each of the following from the neutral piece of fabric:
ii. Cut 2 each of the contrasting color:
iii. Cut 2" wide blocks of accent fabrics (yellow, black, white & grey prints)
b. Block sewing directions:
i. Sew accent blocks together to make an 18" strip.
ii. Assemble and pin the remaining strips to your likely or use the photo as a guide. Sew strips together.
4. Cut a piece of neutral fabric 17" square for the backing fabric and put aside.
5. Lay the patchwork pillow face back onto the quilt batting and safety pin to the batting in a random fashion to hold in place.
6. Quilt by hand or with machine. Example used a simple straight stitch in vertical lines changing the spacing to add interest to the pillow. Use matching thread or a contrasting color for an added design element.
7. Trim pillow front to a 17".
8. Place the piping face down in the middle of one side of the patchwork pillow face so the raw edges for the piping and pillow fabric are together.
9. Pin the corded piping around all edges of the pillow front leaving an inch of extra piping extra on each end.
10. Ease around the corners so there is a slight curve.
11. Slightly overlap the piping where they meet each other and trail off excess into the seam allowance. Trim off the excess piping.
12. Use a zipper foot or reposition the needle to the closest position and sew the piping to the fabric using 1/4" seam allowance. Do not sew into the cording itself.
13. Carefully cut a few clips in to the lip of the piping at each corner. This will allow the piping to lay flat.
14. Lay the square of fabric with the piping right side up and place the backing fabric onto it fabric right sides together.
15. Line up the edges of the two squares together and pin together. Sew around the edges of the fabric using 1/4" seam allowance.
16. Leave a 10" opening on one side.
17. Turn pillow right side out and gently push out the corners.
18. Insert 16" pillow form or stuffing and hand sew up the opening.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>