Vibrant Beaded Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Blue Moon Beads Items:
- 10 Silvertone metal beads
- 6 Medium round faux coral beads
- 13 Brown stone beads
- 2 Silver tone crimp beads
- 1 Jump ring
- 2 Eye pins
- 1 Headpin
- Chain-nose pliers
- 1 Toggle clasp
- Round-nose pliers
- Tiger tail
- Wire cutters
- Charm: Put a coral bead on a headpin and use the simple loop technique to attach it to an eye pin. On the eye pin, string 1 silver, 1 brown and 1 silver. Attach it to another eye pin using the simple loop technique. String 1 coral bead on the eye pin and using the simple loop technique, attach it to a jump ring.
- Cut 8"-9" of tiger tail and attach one half of the clasp using a small bead crimp.
- String beads in the following order: 3 brown, 1 silver, 1 coral, 1 silver. Next string 3 brown and attach the charm with the jump ring, then string 3 brown, 1 silver, 1 coral, 1 silver, 3 brown, 1 silver, 1 coral and 1 silver
- Attach second half of the clasp to the end of the bracelet using a crimp bead. Weave the end of the tiger tail back into the silver bead and cut.
SIMPLE LOOP TECHNIQUE:
Creating a simple loop using a headpin:
- Slide beads onto the headpin in the pattern you desire. Leave a 3/8" portion of the pin uncovered. If necessary, use wire cutters to cut off any excess wire.
- Use round-nose pliers to bend the exposed portion of the headpin until it forms a right angle with the rest of the headpin.
- Grasp the very end of the headpin with the tip of the round-nose pliers. Roll the headpin towards you to form a round loop.
- Use wire cutters to trim the excess wire.
- Use the tip of the round-nose pliers to center the loop above the rest of the wire.
- To connect the headpin to other materials, gently open and close the loop with the chain-nose pliers.