Vintage Bird Cage Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Vintage bird cage pendant, violet
- Magnetic closure, crystal
- 4mm Bicone Beads: 6 each chrysolite, light topaz
- 6mm Bicone Beads:
- 40 each peridot, chrysolite, light topaz
- 42 olivine
- 28" flexible stringing wire
- 20" silver chain
- 6-link silver chain
- 72 silver headpins
- Chain-nose, round-nose, bent-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
Begin necklace by stringing the strand of beads first. Create dangles for the chain length and attach together.
- Crimp one end of the 28" flexible stringing wire to one loop of the magnetic closure.
- Thread a repeat pattern of 6mm bicone beads as desired.
- Continue with the repeat pattern until 12-1/2" of beads are strung on to the wire.
- Thread on bird cage pendant. Continue with repeat pattern for another 12-1/2" of beads.
- Crimp wire to other side of the magnetic closure to close.
- Use a headpin to create dangles as desired. As shown: 6mm bicone beads, 15 olivine; 12 lt topaz; 12 peridot; 12 chrysolite; 4mm bicone beads, 6 light topaz, 6 chrysolite.
- Start in the center of the 20" silver chain and attach three dangles of the same color together in a repeat pattern.
- Attach one side of the chain to the magnetic closure. Repeat for the opposite side.
OPTION: CREATE DANGLES FROM BIRD CAGE
- Use a bent nose pliers to pass a headpin through the inside of the bird cage bottom hole. With chain-nose pliers, grab the headpin on the bottom of the cage and make a loop.
- Attach one piece of chain, 6 links long, to the headpin loop.
- Attach bicone bead dangles to the chain.