Vintage Christmas Page
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Label letters
- Mini paper clips
- Tissue Tape Symphony Music Self
- Adhesive vintage paper
- Trimmings lavish ribbon
- Silver tinsel twine
- Blending tool
- Clear Glitter
- Heat Tool
- Inkssentials™ foil tape sheets
- Pop dots
- Silver chenille stems
- Tim Holtz®:Adirondack Alcohol Ink, Red Pepper & LettuceDistress Ink™ Pads, -Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Black SootDistress Paint-, Black Soot & Picket FenceIdea-ology®: Chitchat StickersTiny Tabs & TagsTattered LeavesIdea-ology® patterned paper, Kraft Resist Seasonal Stash 2013 & Paper Stash French Industrial 2013
- Sizzix®:BIGkick™, Big Shot™ or Vagabond™ machineBigz™ Dies, Caged Bird by Tim Holtz®
- Solid cardstock of choice
1. Attach tissue tape to bottom of page. Apply distress ink to edges of page using blending tool. Dry ink by using heat tool.
2. Apply distress ink to 6"x6" patterned paper and attach to page.
3. Cut out three printed postcards from patterned paper. Apply Xyron to front side of one postcard; then apply clear glitter. Embellish other two postcards using distress ink and blending tool. Adhere all three cards to page.
4. Die-cut Tabs and Tiny Tags from cardstock. Embellish all shapes with distress ink using blending tool. Use a different color for largest Tab. Heat set to dry. Attach sentiments to four Tags. Attach large Tag to page. Embellish with mini paper clip, ribbon and lace trim. Use brads to cover hole in other Tags and attach to page with adhesive and pop dots.
5. To create ornaments, cover cardstock with foil paper and die-cut Tags. Apply alcohol ink to shapes. When dry, shade with distress paint. Add silver pipe cleaner to make hangers and attach to large Tag using pop dots.
6. Mat photo onto cardstock and brush edges with distress ink. Attach to page.
7. Die-cut Caged Bird from foil-covered cardstock. Embellish with distress paints. Attach largest tab to side of Caged Bird.
8. Dampen ribbon and apply distress ink directly to ribbon. When dry, create a bow. Attach to Bird Cage. Tie another bow using silver tinsel twine and adhere to area under existing bow.
9. Die-cut two leaves from cardstock. Use Black Soot distress ink to add color. Wrinkle leaves and attach to page.
10. To color pearls for berries, place inside a plastic bag. Drop several drops of Red Pepper alcohol ink into bag and roll pearls around. Remove and allow to dry. Adhere to page.