Idea Market Vintage Cork Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene’s® Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- 1/4 yd burlap fabric
- 12" straw wreath
- Strong twine
- Painter’s tape
- 150 wine corks
- Craft sticks
- Raffia or embellishments of choice (optional)
1. Tie twine around straw wreath for hanger.
2. Using craft stick, apply Fast Grab Tacky Glue® liberally around top of wreath for first row of corks. Allow glue to set for 5 minutes or to tacky stage. Place corks horizontally around top of wreath. Repeat with next 3 rows below the first. Use painter’s tape to secure if they begin to slip.
3. Glue a row of corks next to the top row inside of wreath. Use painter’s tape to hold in place if needed.
4. Apply glue inside wreath and allow to set for a few minutes. Place corks vertically on glue. Tape to hold.
5. Cut piece of burlap 4"x7" for bow. Stitch ends together with needle and thread. Turn right side out and pinch in center. Tie a piece of twine around center to hold.
6. Cut small piece of burlap to go around the center of bow. Glue in place.
7. Cut two 4"x3." pieces. Glue to back of bow.
8. Glue bow to top of wreath.
9. If desired, decorate with raffia or embellishments of choice.