SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fabrics: Natural linen (2" x 36") Crushed tulle (two 2" x 36")
- Trims: 1 yard Flower trim 6" Woven flat belting trim
- Vintage laces; or “age" new laces with coffee, tea, or walnut ink spray
- Bits of vintage tapestry (optional)
- Buttons (vintage) or new buttons with a vintage look
- Jewelry: Clasp Silver frame charms
- Needle and thread
- Exacto knife
- Word strips from an old book
1. Braid the three 36" long strands (natural linen, tulle, flower trim). Even off the ends, and cut “aged" woven flat belting trim in half and stitch to ends of braids, to secure; cover tape with lace, and sew on jewelry clasp.
2. Fill jewelry frames with bits of paper, lace, tapestry, words, etc. Tie bits of old lace through the frame holes and stitch them to the braided base. Add old and new buttons, snaps, etc. (Note: Stitch different shades of neutral threads through the buttonholes of new buttons, in a thick, knotty fashion; stain the threads and buttons, etc. to “age" them.)
3. Stitch two small lace rosettes, by hand, and stitch them asymmetrically, higher on the braided necklace.
4. Gather the second strip of tulle, with needle and thread, and attach to the back of the necklace focal point.
5. If desired, “age" the necklace more with coffee, tea, or walnut ink.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products