SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Soft™: 2 balls, Teal
- Red Heart® Boutique Sashay Sequins™: 2 balls, Mediterranean
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook®: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
- Sewing needle
- Matching sewing thread
- GAUGE: 15 sc = 4" (10 cm). In pattern, 10 rows = 4" (10 cm). (Pattern consists of alternating rows of sc and dc with long post stitches.) CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Red Heart® Soft®: solid color 5 oz (141 g), 256 yd (234 m), print 4 oz (113 g), 204 yd (187 m), and heather 4oz (113 g), 212 yd (194 m) balls
- Red Heart® Boutique Sashay Sequins™: 3.5 oz (100g), 20 yd (18m) balls
- Special Stitches
- Fsc = foundation single crochet.
- First stitch: Chain 2, insert hook into second chain from hook, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw through 1 loop (chain portion of stitch completed), yarn over, draw through both loops on hook (single crochet portion of stitch completed).
- Remaining stitches: Insert hook under 2 loops of chain portion of previous stitch, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw through 1 loop (chain portion of stitch completed), yarn over, draw through both loops on hook (single crochet portion of stitch completed).
- Fptr = front post treble crochet. Yarn over twice, insert hook from front to back and to front again around the vertical post of indicated stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times.
- BR = braid. Worked over the next 3 stitches 2 rows below as indicated: skip first stitch 2 rows below, Fptr around each of the next 2 stitches 2 rows below, Fptr around first skipped stitch 2 rows below.
- Scarf (before ruffle) measures 5" (12.5 cm) wide x 70" (178 cm) long
- Row 1: Work 19 Fsc (see Special Stitches).
- Row 2 (Right side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), dc in each of the next 18 sts; turn—19 dc.
- Row 3: Ch 1 (does not count as a st), sc in each of the next 18 dc, sc in top of beginning ch-3; turn—19 sc.
- Row 4: Ch 3, dc in each of the next 2 sc,* Fptr around next dc 2 rows below, BR (see Special Stitches) over next 3 dc 2 rows below, Fptr around next dc 2 rows below, dc in each of the next 3 sc; repeat from * once; turn—9 dc, 10 Fptr.
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each of the next 18 sts and in the top of beginning ch-3; turn—19 sc.
- Row 6: Ch 3, dc in each of the next 2 sc,* Fptr around next Fptr 2 rows below, BR over next 3 BR sts 2 rows below, Fptr around next dc 2 rows below, dc in each of the next 3 sc; repeat from * once; turn—9 dc, 10 Fptr.
- Repeat Rows 5-6 until piece measures 70" (178 cm), ending on a Row 5. Fasten off, weave in ends.
- Note: Open up the Sashay Sequins to smooth it out, and work into the top edge without the sequins. Start 4" (10 cm) from the end, and work into every other loop on the top edge to create the ruffle.
- Hold Sashay Sequins and long side of Scarf with Right sides together. Insert hook into corner st of Scarf and through first loop of Sashay Sequins, draw loop up to join; *working evenly along first side of Scarf, insert hook into next st on Scarf and pull up another loop of Sashay Sequins and make a slip st; repeat from * across. Do not fasten off. Trim the Sashay Sequins, leaving a 4" (10 cm) end, and use sewing needle and thread to sew the last loop of Sashay Sequins to the Scarf to secure it. Fold under the corner of the ruffle and tack it to the Wrong side to finish the end; repeat for other end.
- Repeat for second side.
- ch = chain
- cm = centimeters
- dc = double crochet
- mm = millimeters
- sc = single crochet
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- tr = treble (triple) crochet
- yo = yarn over
- * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated