Waltzing Waves T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting supplies:
- Fabric Spray Paint: Dark Teal, Hawaiian Fizz, Sparkling Silver Glitter
- One-Step Fashion Dye, turquoise
- Fashion Glitter, silver fine jewel
- Fashion Glitter Bond
- 2 Surface Cover plastic covers
- White Jerzees T-shirt
- Contact paper
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat or cardboard
- Felt pen
- Paper towels
- Plastic gloves
- Washing machine & dryer
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Tulip Surface Cover. Place damp T-shirt on prepared surface. Using fingertips, pinch sections of the T-shirt together until T-shirt is all crumpled.
- Wearing plastic gloves, add water to turquoise dye bottle to line indicated. Replace cap and shake thoroughly to mix. Squeeze all over shirt. Cover with Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash separately in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
- Cut 2 pieces of contact paper long and wide enough to cover entire T-shirt.
- Place contact paper over T-shirt and mark off the shape of T-shirt.
- Place contact paper on a flat surface; use a felt pen to draw thick, vertical wavy lines.
- Place the second piece of contact paper over the 1st; trace the wave design to create 2 stencils.
- Label waves Dark Teal and Hawaiian Fizz.
- Place stencil on cutting mat or cardboard. Cut all of the wavy lines labeled with the same color, leaving outside edges intact. Repeat for the other stencil; cut all wavy lines labeled with the other color.
- Remove backing from 1 of the stencils and place on T-shirt.
- Cover work surface with clean Surface Cove. Lay T-shirt on covered surface. Spray inside stencil with 1st color.
- Use paper towel to gently dab off excess Fabric Spray Paint puddles on T-shirt. Remove stencil. Allow to dry.
- Apply second stencil over T-shirt and spray with 2nd color. Dab with paper towel; remove stencil and allow to dry.
- Squeeze puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil. Dip paintbrush into glue; outline random parts of waves. Immediately shake on silver glitter.
- Gently lift and tap T-shirt from the back to remove excess glitter from shirt onto a piece of scratch paper. Pour glitter back into container for reuse. Allow to dry.
- Spray entire T-shirt with Sparking Silver Glitter Fabric Spray Paint.