Warm Boot Cuffs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Boye®/MD 24-peg round loom and loom hook
- 1 skein Lion Brand® Alpine Wool yarn: Oatmeal
- Tapestry needle
One size fits most.
Make 2. Two strands of yarn are held together throughout.
1. Divide skein into two equal balls.
2. Holding two strands together, cast on all pegs using e-wrap cast on.
3. Knit 40 rows or desired length.
4. At the end of row 40, with only one loop on each peg, cut yarn; leave a 2" tail.
1. Thread yarn tails onto tapestry needle.
2. Starting with peg 1, insert the needle into the loop and pull the yarn tail through to remove loop from peg.
3. Repeat Step 2 until all loops are secured on the yarn tail.
4. Being careful that none of the loops fall off the yarn tail, gently try on boot warmer so the live stitches are on the lower part of your leg.
5. Make sure that the lower edge is loose enough to get on and off the foot easily. Secure the loops using the remaining tail to sew the first and last loop together. Weave in both the ending and beginning yarn tails.
6. Allow the beginning edge to roll naturally to make an attractive cuff.