Washi Tape Key Ring Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18"x24" canvas
- Decoupage medium
- Foam brush
- Variety of washi tape
- Craft knife
- Cup hooks
1. Lay canvas so its 18" across and 24" high. Measure and mark 2" columns across the canvas. Do not mark all the way to the bottom; stop 10" up from the bottom. Mark two horizontal lines 1-1/2" & 3” from the top of the canvas. These will be guides for creating the chevron pattern.
2. Place tape across one of the columns: line the bottom edge of the tape up with the 1-1/2" horizontal line on one side, across to the 3" line on the other side. This will result in an angled piece of tape. Using a craft knife, cut off the tape where it crossed the vertical lines, making sure to avoid cutting into the canvas.
3. Following the same guidelines as step 2, on the next column over add a piece in the opposite angle. The two columns will come together in a point. Create a zig zag across the canvas using the 3" and 1-1/2" lines as a guide. Use the zigzag tape pieces as a guide, covering the entire top portion with wash tape.
4. At the 10" line, curt off any excess tape and put a band across, covering up any ends.
5. Cut two pieces of tape 1-1/2" long. Place them across each other in an “X”. The X’s will be used to write out KEYS in a cross-stitch type look.
6. Once all the wash tape is in place, seal the entire canvas with a decoupage medium.
7. Place hooks on the bottom of the canvas to hold keys.