Water Bottle Apron
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
1/4 yd each of 3 coordinating fabrics
Basic sewing supplies
Iron & ironing surface
1. From 2 coordinating fabrics, cut one apron body from provided pattern. From remaining coordinating fabric, cut one
1" x width of fabric strip and one 2"x2" rectangle.
2. With right sides together and using 1/4" seam allowance, stitch apron body pieces together, leaving an opening
for turning. Trim corners. Turn, press and set aside.
3. With wrong sides together and long edges even, press 1" x width of fabric strip in half. Open up strip and bring
long edges to the center pressing line. Refold along centered, pressed line. Stitch along long edge. Cut one 6"
piece. Cut remaining piece in half.
4. Using pattern as reference, stitch 6" neck piece to back of apron. Zigzag stitch across raw edge if desired.
5. Fold down apron top edge. Insert tie end to both sides of apron, placing tie under the fold. Topstitch around apron,
securing both ties and turning opening.
6. Fold 1/4" from each short edge of pocket rectangle to the
wrong side. Press. With right sides together and raw edges
even, stitch pocket rectangle to make a tube. Turn and press.
Topstitch pocket to apron front, stitching close to edge.
7. Place apron on water bottle. Tie and trim tie ends as needed.
Created by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores