Water Bottle Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5/8 yd Denim fabric
- 5/8 yd Blue ticking stripe fabric
- 5/8 yd Warm & Natural battingOne pair Vinyl purse handles
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut two 18"x18" pieces each of denim, stripe fabric and batting.
- Layer one batting, one denim (right side up) and one stripe (right side down). Sew all four sides leaving a 3" opening for turning. Turn, press and stitch opening closed. Repeat with remaining fabric and batting.
- Place blue sides together and mark one vertical line in the center from the top down 6-1/2". Mark another vertical 6-1/2" line 4" on either side of center line and machine stitch all 3 lines.
- Fold both sides up with stitching at bottom and blue sides showing; mark two lines 6-1/2" long and 6-1/4" from sides of carrier. Mark lines on both sides. Hand stitch these four lines (thread doubled, running stitch). NOTE: Be sure to sew through only 2 layers on each side.
- Cut a piece of stripe fabric 3"x10", fold in half lengthwise, sew long seam, turn and press. Cut in half to hold handles. Place one strip through each ring on one handle and pin into side seam.
- Stitch side seams.
- Fold down outside flaps to form cuff with the stripe showing.