1. Cut egg in half lengthwise, and then cut 1" off fat end of egg. Sand down all cuts, smoothing it out. Using clay tool (or similar), slightly indent horizontal lines across egg surface to simulate skin of watermelon.
2. Sand 3"x1½" piece of 1" thick Styrofoam™, creating slightly round dip in center.
3. Sand all pieces and assemble. To assemble, use toothpicks that have been dipped in white glue first, then pushed through both pieces where they are to be joined.
4. Apply two or three coats of MagiKote™ to entire project, allowing drying time between coats, and sanding as necessary to keep smooth. Use a hair dryer set on low temperature to speed things up, if desired.
5. Paint inner portion of watermelon Geranium Red. When dry, paint seeds Wrought Iron Black and then dot with Cloud White.
6. Paint rind Bright Lime Green.
7. Paint entire outer watermelon Festive Green, and then randomly slap highlights of Bright Lime Green to add more depth.
8. Seal entire project with Americana® Gloss Spray Sealer to protect it.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>