1. Attach wood planks to back of plywood 6" down from the top of the board, spaced apart according to the bed frame used. Screw at least 10 screws evenly spaced on each plank.
2. Cut 3 layers of polyester batting to fit the headboard, adding 4" for wrapping around each side. Have
someone help hold the materials in place while stapling, so headboard can be completed standing upright. It is much easier to see the finished appearance and to work out any flaws.
3.Place the first layer of batting extending over the top 3" and over each side by 4". Staple to plywood on all three sides. Some batting should be left to wrap around the bottom slightly. Staple in place.
4. Repeat with second piece, except place batting even to the top and overlap the rest on the bottom and sides.
5. The third layer will be done just like the first. They need to be staggered for a smooth appearance.
6. Cut muslin to size and press. Wrap evenly on all 4 sides, cutting out for legs. When stapling, fold under the muslin for a finished look.
1. Measure around the entire width of headboard and add 3". Sample measures 51"x120".
2. Fold fabric right sides together 51"x60" pinned together. Sew a 5/8" seam allowance along 51" sides and press open seam. You have created a tube shape.
3. Place on headboard to check fit. The cover needs to be loose enough to allow for taking on and off.
4. The seam will be centered in the back of headboard. Pin together the top portion and sew a seam. Clip corners and turn right side out. Press.
5. On the open end, fold up 1/2" to the wrong side and press. Fold over again and press. Sew the hem.
Press entire piece and place on headboard. The headboard slipcovers are easy to sew and can be
changed with the season.
• 18" square pillow: one front piece 19 1⁄2"x19 1⁄2", one back piece 19 1⁄2"x15 1⁄2" and one back piece 19 1⁄2"x11 1⁄2".
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>