Weaving Sticks Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clover Needlecraft Weaving Sticks (Fine)
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice: Mustard - 1 skein
- 2 yds elastic cord
- Peace sign charm
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
1. Thread three weaving sticks each with 20" of elastic cording. Pull cord to its center, tie knot at ends. This is the warp.
2. Tie a slip knot with yarn and slide knot onto left weaving stick.
3. Hold the sticks vertically, side-by-side. Loop the yarn around the back of the middle weaving stick; bring it to the front of the third weaving stick.
4. Continue weaving in this manner around the sticks for approximately 7-1/2".
5. Tie weaving yarn to the last stick, cut the yarn leaving an approx. 5” tail. Push all of the weaving yarn off the sticks and center on the warp.
6. Push the bracelet down until there is an even amount of the elastic cord showing on both ends. Remove the sticks by cutting the elastic at the needle eyelet.
7. Tie elastic cord ends together using a surgeon’s knot to create the bracelet. Cut off any excess elastic cording.
8. Use yarn and darning needle to attach charm.