Weaving Sticks Scarf with Pom Pom's
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clover Needlecraft Weaving Sticks (Fine)
- Pink Rose Yarn - 1 skein
- Red Heart® Yarn: Super Saver® Bikini Med. Weight - 1 skein
- Clover Small Pom Pom Maker
- Crochet hook (optional)
- Tape measure
1. Thread six weaving sticks each with 120" of pink yarn. Pull yarn to its center and tie knot at ends, this is the warp.
2. Tie a slip knot with pink yarn and slide knot onto left weaving stick.
3. Hold the sticks vertically, side-by-side. Loop the yarn around the back of the middle weaving stick; bring it to the front of the third weaving stick.
4. Continue weaving in this manner back and forth around the sticks for approximately 50". Make sure to always have at least 2-3” of weave on the sticks until the project is complete.
5. Tie weaving yarn to the last stick, cut the yarn leaving an approx. 5” tail. Push all of the weaving yarn off the sticks and center on the warp, remove sticks.
6. Tie warp yarns together in pairs to create fringe on each end.
7. To add fringe: Use 15” strand of Bikini yarn and fold in half. Insert the folded end in to the bottom edge of scarf. Use a crochet hook or fingers to grab the two strands of yarn and pull them through the loop. Gently pull on strands to draw them down snuggly. Continue adding fringe along bottom edge. Trim ends to even fringe.
8. Embellishment: Use Clover’s Small Pom Pom Makers to add pom pom’s to bottom edge of scarf.