SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache boxes: 8", 10"
- Satin, 1/2 yd ea: black, white
- Crib-size batting
- 2½ yds pleated trim
- 1¼ yd white bridal dot mesh
- 1/2 yd black cord or ribbon
- Polyester stuffing
- Tacky glue
- Scissors, craft knife
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
WEDDING CARD BOX
1. Cut a 1/2"x6" slot in the lid of the 8" box. Cut 4½"x6½" rectangle from 10" box lid & 8" box bottom.
2. Cut a 45"x5" & a 45"x4" strip of batting. Wrap 4" batting once around exterior sides of 8" box; trim. Apply glue to sides; adhere batting; secure with pins until dry. Repeat using 5" strip on larger box.
3. Cut 2 pieces of batting the size of the 8" box lid. Apply glue to lid & adhere first piece of batting. Apply glue to batting; adhere second piece on top. Allow to dry; trim batting from cut opening. Repeat on 10" box.
4. Cut 7"xWOF & 6"xWOF black satin strips. Wrap 8" box sides with 6" strip. Satin will extend 1" on top & bottom. Overlap 2"; trim. Turn edge under; glue. Pin until dry. Apply glue 1/2" from box bottom edge; fold satin over edge into glue. Pin until dry. Apply glue 1/2" down on the inside from the top edge of box; fold satin down over glue to secure. Pin until dry. Repeat with 10" box & 7" strip.
5. Cut one 3" strip along a scalloped lace edge. Cut 4" strip along other scalloped edge. Wrap 3" lace around 8" box, over black satin; glue together over satin seam. Glue along top raw edge of lace. Repeat with 10" box & 4" strip.
6. Cut white satin large enough to go across box lid, down both sides & 1" inside in all directions. Apply glue to box lid edge inside & out. Center satin over lid, bring it down over sides & to inside; pin in place until dry. Cut slit in center of lid opening. Fold satin toward inside of box lid; glue in place. Repeat with second box lid.
7. Glue trim to outer edge of lids. Align seams on 1 side (now the back). Glue lids & glue 8" box to lid of 10" box.
RING BEARER’S PILLOW:
RS = Right side(s).
1. Cut two 5" squares of black satin & one of white bridal dot mesh. Cut one 5"x3½" rectangle along scalloped edge of white bridal dot mesh with scallop on 5" side. Cut two 5½" lengths of trim.
2. For top, layer one black satin square RS up with the 5"x3½" mesh RS up, lining up the raw edges. Pin or baste in place. Place trim across the middle, perpendicular to scalloped edge; baste in place. Center & stitch center of cord or ribbon to the trim & sew in place.
3. For bottom, layer remaining satin RS up, white mesh dot RS up & trim across the middle. Baste in place.
4. RS together & trims perpendicular to each other, sew top & bottom together with 1/4" seam, leave small opening for turning. Turn, press, stuff & sew opening closed.