SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Empty juice carton
- Velcro® Mini Fasteners, Triangles
- Bridal wrapping paper
- Gold glitter
- Classic Mod Podge®
- Flat-back acrylic gems
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Clear acrylic gems
- White faux flowers
- Faux pearl beads
- White marabou boa
- 1/8” Satin ribbon
- Hobby knife
- Decoupage medium
- Hole punch
1. Determine height of box. For example, the box pictured is about 2½" tall. Measure that many inches from the bottom of carton, mark with a straight, horizontal line on the front and sides of carton.
2. As shown in the photo, the fourth side of the carton should be made as tall as the box height plus the width that will fold over to make a lid plus enough material for a lid flap. Draw the cut lines on the carton with a marker.
3. Draw the cut lines for the side flaps.
4. Make straight cuts along the lines on front and sides of the carton.
5. Finish cutting out the box shape from the juice carton. Note: Save the excess juice carton to make the gift tag.
6. Using the paintbrush, paint the outer carton surface with decoupage, following manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Wrap the bridal paper around the juice carton. Allow to dry.
8. Trim the excess paper from around the carton edges.
9. Seal the finish with one or more additional coats of decoupage. Allow to dry.
10. Fold the front corner flaps downward and secure the inside of the front closure with two white Velcro® Mini Fasteners.
11. Use hot glue to decorate the carton with acrylic gems, white faux flowers, beads and boa.
12. Cut a tag shape from the excess juice carton to create the gift tag. Using a punch, create a hole in the tag. Write a personalized message or to/from on the tag with a marker. Loop ribbon through hole and attach ribbon to box with hot glue.