Wedding Frame with Scalloped Wood Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden frame
- Wood scallop trim
- Acrylic paints - aqua, white and taupe
- Paint palette
- Satin spray varnish
- Miter box and saw
- Paint brushes - 1/4" angular shader and 1/2" flat
- Sandpaper and tack cloth
- Cut the scalloped trim with the miter box and saw to fit the frame. Attach with glue.
- Basecoat the frame with aqua paint, let dry. Sand and wipe away dust. Paint the frame aqua again. Paint the scallop trim white. Apply as many coats as needed for good coverage.
- With 1/4" angular shader brush, add shading using taupe paint. Wet the brush, load paint to the bristles at the long end, and work the paint into the bristles on the palette, being careful that the paint does not reach the short bristles. Follow the contour of the scallops, shading close to the wood. Work with only one or two scallops at a time.
- Add dots over the shading, using the handle end of the brush and a puddle of white paint. Add a dot at each corner of the opening.
- Seal with satin varnish.
- Reassemble frame with photo.