Wedding Memories Shadow Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Connoisseur Collectibles 10"x13" Display Case
- One sheet 1/8" foam core board
- One sheet 12"x12" background scrapbook paper
- One sheet 8-1/2"x11" Black suede scrapbook paper
- One sheet 12"x12" solid color cardstock paper
- One 5"x7" photo
- 1/4" yard of 1/4" wide black trim
- One yard of 1/2" wide black trim
- One Metal heart for embellishments
- Ribbon -- one bolt each:
- 1" wide satin ribbon for flowers
- 1-1/2" wide wired edge ribbon for flowers
- 1-1/2" wide green wired edge ribbon for leaves
- Thread to match ribbons
- Hand-sewing needles
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks*
- Wire cutters
- Rotary cutter, mat, ruler
- Remove the inside of box.
- Cut 1/8" foam core board as follows: 1 -- 11-1/2"x8-1/2", to back scrapbook background paper. 1 -- 5-3/4"x8" for back of black suede paper, 2 -- 7-1/2"x4-1/2" to elevate the photo.
- Refer to photo often for help in placement of materials.
- Cut scrapbook background paper 11-3/4"x8-3/4". Glue scrapbook paper to foam core. Position 1/2" black trim along the left side and bottom 1/2" from the edge and glue to the scrapbook paper.
- Center background and use hot glue to adhere to inside of shadow box.
- Cut black suede scrapbook paper 6"x8-1/2" and glue to foam core piece. Glue the last 2 smaller foam core pieces together then glue to back of foam core behind black suede paper to elevate the photo for added depth.
- Cut solid cardstock for the mat behind the photo 7"x5-1/2". Trim photo to 6-1/2"x4-3/4". Center the photo on mat and glue together. Glue the photo to black suede aligning the top and sides the same distance allowing the bottom to be larger. Glue the 1/4" black trim to the bottom of the photo on solid cardstock. If adding a metal embellishment, sew it to the back trim approx. 1" from the edge of black suede before gluing the trim in place. Secure the matted photo to the upper right corner on the background paper.
- Make flowers and leaves following instructions found in the book, "Your Guide to Creativity", which has been reprinted for your convenience in the internet project titled "Ribbon Flowers".
- Glue flowers in place as desired.
- Reassemble frame.
*Only use hot glue gun with adult supervision.