Wedding Plan Checklist
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- May include some or all of the following:
- Wedding organizers and/or calendar(s)
- Invitations, Stationery and thank you cards
- Candles and holders
- Cake toppers
- Wedding favor bags, boxes, tins or kits
- Ribbon and/or tulle
- Artificial flowers, streamers and other decorations
- Wedding albums and/or scrapbook papers, embellishments, etc.
- Veil and/or hair accessories
12 TO 18 MONTHS AHEAD
- Determine your budget and the type of wedding (formal, informal)
- Choose a location for the wedding (banquet hall, church, etc.)
- Visit your officiant (church) with your fiancee. Select date.
- Plan and attend several bridal shows for ideas
- Choose your attendants (wedding party)
- Write up a tentative invitation list, for number of guests
- Select your entertainment: Band or Disc-Jockey
- Choose your location for the reception. Call around to several locations and compare prices and services.
- Plan the reception. Most services like the reception hall, DJ and photographer will require a deposit.
- Pick your date, determine day or evening, color schemes, etc.
- Enroll with a bridal registry at your local department store
- Select your dress, veil, accessories. Select your bridesmaid's dresses. The Groom should also consult a formal wear specialist.
- Select photographer and/or Videographer
- Select a florist or floral supplier, determine fresh or artificial flowers
4 TO 6 MONTHS AHEAD
- Order your invitations
- Order napkins, matchbooks and personalized favors
- Plan accommodations for out-of-town guests
- Arrange for your rehearsal dinner
- Select a baker for your wedding cake. This is the best part! Go out and try samples of different bakeries and choose your baker. Then decide the configuration of the cake(s).
2 TO 4 MONTHS AHEAD
- Address wedding invitations - Ask your wedding consultant or invitation supplier for correct protocol for addressing, stuffing, and sealing envelopes.
- Draw up a seating plan for invited guests
- If you're planning on a custom-made wedding cake top, order at this time.
- Select music for your church service (if any)
- Choose and purchase gifts for your attendants (bridal party)
- Buy wedding rings
- Make a date to get your marriage license
- Make a map to the church and reception hall, for local and out-of-town guests
1 TO 2 MONTHS AHEAD
- Buy wedding gift for your future spouse
- Make appointment with hairstylist, manicurist, etc.
- Have final dress fitting for bride and bridesmaids
- Groom should verify all groomsmen have been fitted for their outfits
- Mail invitations - before stamping bring one "finished" invitation to your local post office and verify the cost.
- Have formal wedding portrait taken
- Pick up wedding rings
- Confirm correct dates and times with all hired professionals (DJ, Photo,Video, Reception)
2 WEEKS AHEAD
- Send your wedding announcement and photo to local newspaper.
- Review seating plan for reception
- Meet with DJ to select music and special events during the reception. Remember the DJ will be the coordinator.
- Confirm your honeymoon arrangements.
1 WEEK AHEAD
- Have final consultation with caterer and florist
- Write out checks (or withdraw cash) for hired professionals; give to best-man for distribution.
- Pack for your honeymoon.