SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™, Rainbow
- Tulip® Dimensional Fabric Paint Set, slick black
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Plastic table cover
- Masking tape
- 4"-5" wide disposable paintbrush
- Large water cup
- Bowl of warm soapy water
- Paper towels
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash shirt and leave damp. Cover work surface with plastic table cover and use masking tape to tape down to surface to create a stable painting surface. Lay out T-shirt flat on protected work surface.
2. Wearing protective gloves mix red, yellow and blue dyes according to package instructions.
3. Apply Red dye across neck and shoulders of T-shirt. Use wide paintbrush dipped in water to blend dye downward. Rinse brush and refill water cup.
4. Apply Yellow dye to center section of shirt, using wet paintbrush to blend upward into red section and down toward shirt bottom. Rinse brush and refill water cup.
5. Apply blue dye to bottom of T-shirt and use wet paintbrush to blend upward into yellow section, adding water or dye as needed to blend colors.
6. Let shirt set 6-8 hours or overnight on work surface. Rinse under cool running water to remove excess dye.
7. Wash and dry shirt as instructed in dye package directions.
8. Lay T-shirt flat on clean work surface. Brush dimensional paint on the bottoms of child’s feet with disposable brush. Place feet in center of shirt, pressing paint into the fabric. Lift off feet from T-shirt and place feet in tub of warm soapy water to clean off paint.
9. Write “Where’s the Beach?" on T-shirt with chalk. Test dimensional paint application on paper towel. Use to write over the chalk working. Let dry.