1. Cut the pine lumber to all desired dimensions.
3 cross supports
1 top rail
Use a miter saw to cut pieces to length, or have lumberyard or home center cut to length.
2. At the bottom of the 2 uprights, add a decorative detail.
3. Clamp the two boards, matching them perfectly. Using the template and a pencil, trace the detail on the top board.
4. Cut out the detail using a jig saw with a scroll blade attached. Then sand the edges smooth with 220 grit sandpaper.
5. Secure all the pieces together Use a pocket screw kit to drill pocket screws into the opposing pieces and then secure using the screws that come with the kit.
6. Lay the assembly on a large workbench or on the garage floor. Lay out a board to make marks for the top plate of the hanger. The boards should be flush with the side rails. Cut the board to length using the miter saw. To secure the board, drill pilot holes from the top and secure using galvanized wood screws.
7. To support the top plate, attach decorative finials – these are the same design as the bottom of the two side rails. Use the same template to lay out the design and cut out using the jig saw. Secure the finials by first drilling pilot holes in the top plate and attach using galvanized wood screws.
8. Lightly sand the entire piece with 220 grit sand paper to remove the pencil marks and rough wood. Prime using an exterior wood primer and then paint using an exterior satin latex paint. Prime the entire hanger, back included.
9. To hang garden items, select a style of hook that fits the decor style. Place the hooks so they are separated enough to allow for hanging multiple tools. Secure using screws included in the hook packet.
10. Mount the garden hanger on an exterior wall by using mirror hanging brackets. Pick brackets the will support the weight of garden tools. Secure to the back at the top of the hanger.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>