White and Gold Cover-up
Supplies & Tools:
- 2-1/2 yards fabric
- 1 package of chain
- 1 package of 7mm spring ring gold
- 1 package of 4mm jump ring gold
- Wire Cutters
- Hand Sewing needle
- Coordinating Thread
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing Machine
- Measuring tape
Directions: Seam allowances 1/2" RS=Right Sides Together WS=Wrong Sides Together
Cutting : (Use provided patterns) Front: Cut one on fold 29-1/2" x 21-5/8" Back: Cut one on fold 29-1/2" x 24-1/2" Front Facing: Cut one on fold 9-6/8" x 2-1/2" (measurements on pattern) Back Facing: Cut on on fold 16-1/2" x 2-1/2" (measurements on pattern)
Assembly: Flower 1 Scalloped Edges
1. Cut out pattern pieces.
2. Pin front and back RS together and sew shoulder seams at 1/2" allowance.
4. Pin front and back neck facing together and sew shoulder seam.
5. Pin facing to body of neckline and stitch at 1/2” allowance. Topstitch facing to
allowance and trim/clip seam allowance. Press facing inside of garment.
6. Fold hem seam around arm holes over 1/4" and then fold at 1/2" and press/pin. Stitch
hem closed, repeat on other armhole.
7. Fold hem 1/4" and press, fold again at 1" and pin into place. Stitch hem closed.
8. With RS sides facing up pin edges of side seams below arm hole opening and stitch 5"
stitch to close side seams.
9. Attaching Chains: 1/2” below back shoulder seam hand tack jump ring on edge of back
neckline. Repeat on other side of garment. Measure chain needed and cut (ex. 9-1/2”). This will vary depending on size of garment. Attach a jump ring to each end of chain using pliers. Then attach spring ring to each end of jump ring. Open spring ring and attach to jump ring on garment.
10. Attaching Chains: Measure down 3” to 4" inches below jump rings on garment and attach another set of jump rings to garment. Measure desire amount of chain to drape down back neckline and cut. Attach a jump ring to each end of chain and spring ring to each end of jump ring. Open spring ring and attach to jump ring on garment. Repeat step ten to create final chain.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 Hours
Chain Addict Bracelet
Courtesy of Blue Moon Beads
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Gold wide chain
- Gold fine chain
- Gold round texture chain
- Gold AB box chain
- Gold toggle clasp
- Gold jump ring 5mm
- Wire Cutters
- Flat pliers
- Cut 1 segment of gold wide chain, 1 segment of gold fine chain, 1 segment gold round texture chain and 1 segment gold box chain, 6-1/2” long each.
- Attach jump rings to both ends of the box chain and fine chain segments.
- Using another jump ring attach all segments to toggle ends.
Skill Level: No Experience Necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: Under 1 Hour