White Purse With Embroidered Organdy
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 pkg. Tulip Glam-It-Up 4mm Iron-on Crystals
- 1 Solid black button
- 1 Etched button
- Two 4mm Swarovski Crystals
- 1 pair 6.375"x4.375" Wood Handles
- 3/4 yd Polyester shantung, white
- 1/4 yd Polyester shantung, black
- 3/4 yd Embroidered organdy (or enough for two pattern repeats)
- 1/3 yd Fusible fleece
- Thread, white & black
- Velcro hook & loop fastener
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Iron and ironing surface
- Press cloth
Use 1/4" seam allowances.
- Following purse body pattern measurements (drawing not to scale) and flap pattern (flap pattern is to scale, enlarge flap pattern 200%), cut one each of fleece and two each of the shantung, white for purse, black for flap. Cut with the direction of the shantung striped texture, going across the purse and flap. Fuse each fleece piece to the back of a shantung piece.
- Using only one half of the purse body pattern, cut two pieces of the embroidered organdy, centering the embroidery design.
- Pin organdy pieces to the front of the fleece fused shantung piece, matching up the ends of the organdy pieces at the center bottom of the purse. Sew a small zig zag connecting both organdy pieces to the shantung at the center bottom.
- With right sides of the shantung pieces together (one has the organdy attached) sew around purse body leaving a small opening for turning. Turn, press and hand stitch the hole closed. Repeat for flap.
- Fold purse in half with right sides together to form purse shape. Sew the two side edges using a scant 1/4", seam. Turn right side out. Push sides in near top to form triangle shape and press using press cloth to hold shape.
- Sew tabs on each top side of purse down holding the handles in place.
- Sew flap in place on top back, folding it across opening and down the front. Sew Velcro fastener in place as closure.
- Layer the buttons and sew in place as one. Add the two crystals when sewing the last time through the holes on the buttons to cover the thread with light catching crystals.
- Place iron-on crystals as desired on the embroidery, cover with press cloth and heat set the crystals following package instructions. Purse Body Pattern (not to scale, use measurements given to create your pattern)