Whoo Loves You Owl Mobile
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV The Green Stack Value Pack
- Copper wire
- Suede cording, orange
- Owl patterns, attached
- Glue stick
- Double-sided tape or tacky glue
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: round-nose and flat-nose
- Small tree branch
Enlarge patterns provided, cut out pieces for 3 large and 2 small owls. Each owl is two-sided.
WIRE COIL FEET:
- Cut a 6" length of wire and begin a tight spiral using wire tools.
- Trim the end to 1" and set aside. Refer to photo. Make two sets of three for each owl.
- Glue 2 wings together so they are two-sided (4 wings per owl). Glue wings to wrong side of one owl body.
- Attach the six wire coils to the wrong side of owl body with tacky glue or double-sided tape.
- Attach second owl body, right side up, over the first owl body, wings, and feet, using glue stick. Press firmly together, and allow glue to dry.
- Using glue stick, attach tummy, beak, and 4 layers of eyes (to each side of the owl). Allow glue to dry.
- Punch a small hole at the top of each owl.
- Using the copper wire, make jump rings: Spiral wire tightly around a small cylinder 10-15 times. Slide the wire off and with wire cutters, cut a jump ring that is 1-1/2" circles. Continue cutting jump rings. Repeat to create 3 jump rings for each owl.
- Loop the jump rings onto the hole in the owl and tie a length of leather cording to the top jump ring.
- Secure tree branch in position it will be suspended.
- Position first owl with jump rings and cording on the branch. Wrap cording around the branch three times and tie off. Cut cording and continue with the other four owls, staggering positions so they hang and turn freely.