Will You Be My Bridesmaid Gift Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd fabric for box and lid
- 10” Darice Paper Mache Box
- 6” Wood Letter
- Gold Paint
- Mod Podge – Matte Finish
- Foam Brush/Paint Brush
- Gem embellishments
Follow manufacturer’s directions for Mod Podge application.
Allow Mod Podge to dry thoroughly.
- For outside of box, cut fabric 32” x 8”.
- Apply Mod Podge to outside of box with foam brush.
- Wrap fabric around box having 1 ½” extend over top and bottom.
- Clip extended fabric every 1” on top and bottom.
- Apply Mod Podge to inside edge and fold fabric to inside.
- Repeat with bottom.
- If desired, measure diameter of box bottom, cut a circle to fit and place on with Mod Podge.
- For inside of box, cut fabric 31” x 5 ½””.
- Clip bottom edge of fabric ¾” in every ½”.
- Apply Mod Podge to inside of box with foam brush.
- Place top edge of fabric along top edge of box and smooth in place around inside and bottom.
- Cut a circle to fit inside bottom and use Mod Podge to place.
- Cut an 11” circle for lid.
- Mod Podge onto center of lid.
- Clip extended fabric every 1” and apply Mod Podge to outside edge and fold fabric down.
- Cut a strip of fabric 32” x 3 ½”.
- Apply Mod Podge to outside edge of lid.
- Wrap fabric around lid with edge at the top.
- Clip extended fabric every 1” and apply Mod Podge to inside edge and fold fabric down.
- Cut a circle to fit inside lid and use Mod Podge to place.
- Paint letter gold and glue to top of box lid.
- Add gem embellishments to letter and box lid.