- SUPPLIES &TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd Cotton Team Fabric
- 1/2 yd White Stay-Dri™ Wicking Fabric
- 1/2 yd Insulated fleece
- 1 yard cording
- Dritz® Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
1/2" seam allowances. RST = Right sides together.
1. Measure bottle circumference & add 4" for fabric width. Measure height of bottle & add 3" for fabric length. For large bottles, add 4" to height measurement.
2. Using fabric measurements from Step 1, cut one piece each of team fabric, wicking fabric & insulated fleece.
3. Position insulated fleece on wrong side of team fabric. Baste around all edges.
4. On team fabric/fleece, pin length & bottom width edges, RST & stitch. Trim seams, cut corners diagonally & turn to right side.
5. On wicking fabric, pin length & bottom edges, RST. Stitch along edges leaving a 4" opening along the length edge. Trim seams & corners.
6. Insert team fabric bag into wicking bag & align seams & top edges, RST. Stitch along top edge; then trim seams.
7. Pull outer team fabric bag through unstitched opening in wicking bag to turn right side out. On right side of wicking bag, pin unstitched opening together & hand stitch opening closed.
8. Push wicking bag down into team fabric bag. Pin around top edges to secure layers together, then topstitch 1/4" from edge.
9. Turn bag so wicking side is on the outside. To form bottom corners on bag, align side edges with bottom seam forming a triangle. Measure down from point 1"; mark across triangle. Stitch on line. Repeat on other side. Turn bag right side out.
10. Place bottle in bag & tie cording around neck of bottle. Trim cording to desired length & knot ends.