SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Two fabrics, 1/2 yd each: satin, brocade or silk
- 3 decorative buttons
- 1 yd ribbon or cord
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Optional: Water- or air-erasable marker
- Decorative thread
- Free motion embroidery foot
RS = right side(s). WS = wrong side(s).
1. Cut one 13"x14" piece of each fabric.
2. RS facing, sew around 14" sides & 13" top. Clip corners, turn and press.
3. Bring sides together, overlapping 1/2". Pin in place.
4. Turn WS out; stitch along the open bottom. Sew across ends of bottom seam to form box corners. Trim triangle points; zigzag raw edges.
5. Turn, place bottle in cover and pin together the overlap.
6. Sew buttons on overlapping section.
7. Tie cord or bow around neck. Fold top back exposing the contrasting color.
1. Set up sewing machine with decorative thread on top. Select zigzag stitch. Drop feed dogs & attach free motion embroidery foot.
2. Write wording with water- or air-erasable marker.
3. Zigzag stitch along the marked line.