Wine Gift Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd fabric
- Gold marking pen
- Rotary cutter, mat, grid ruler
- Iron, pressing surface
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
- Optional: 1/2 yd iron-on interfacing
Refer to photo. RS = Right side(s). WS = Wrong side(s).
Burlap: Two 16" x 17" pieces (Option: one 16"x17" piece of burlap & one 16" x 17" piece of iron-on interfacing)
Cotton print: 5" x 17" base
16" x 17" lining
Two 6" x 12" handles
1. Lay 2 burlap pieces RS up. Lay 5" x 17" cotton base, RS together, on the burlap, 4" up from the bottom edge. Sew the pieces together using 1/2" seam allowance. Fold fabric down. Press. Fold this piece in half, RS together; sew a back seam. Press. Center back seam along the center of the tube; sew along the bottom.
2. Stand tube up. Flatten the corner into triangle shape, along the bottom seam. Measure inward 1-1/4" from the point & mark. Sew on marked line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat on other end of bottom seam. Fold down the top edge 1¼" to the inside & press. Turn tube RS out. Press to create the side seams.
3. Fold cotton lining RS together. Sew the back seam. Press. Turn the top edge to the WS of the lining 1-1/4"; press. Repeat to form the flat bottom. Insert into tube; pin in place.
4. Fold each 6" x 12" handle fabric in half lengthwise, WS together, & press. Open & fold raw edges to center fold; press. Fold closed; press. Sew along edges of both handles. Sandwich handles 1/4" from side seam & down inside 1-1/4". Pin in place. Sew around top edge 1/4" from top of tube.