Wine Glass Crate
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood crate
- Home Decor Chalk - Sheepskin
- Home Decor Chalk - Java
- Home Decor Wax - Antiquing Wax
- Thin/small hand saw or powered jigsaw
- Wine glass for tracing
- Paintbrushes: 2" wide brush, small detail brush, stencil brush
- Pencil with eraser
- Medium weight sandpaper
- Craft knife & straight edge
- Wine logo template
- Copy paper and printer
1. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. On the outside of the crate, trace the wine glass base as it is centered across the first slat opening, 1" from the edge.
3. Skip a slat opening and repeat tracing the wine glass base centered across the slat opening, 1" from edge.
4. Using jigsaw cut out around the tracings.
5. Repeat step on the other side of the crate.
6. Sand any rough areas, especially around the hole openings.
7. Paint crate with Sheepskin using the 2" brush, totally covering it. Allow to dry.
8. Paint crate with Java using the 2" brush, total covering it. Allow to dry.
9. Print template for side of crate or create your own. Print template onto cardstock or tape it to a piece of cardstock.
10. Cut out the template using a craft knife and a straight edge to create a stencil.
11. Place the center part of the logo with the grape leaf, centered under the handle opening.
12. Place the outside of the cardstock wine logo, centering it with the inside piece.
13. Holding both pieces down, stencil in the open areas.
14. Remove cardstock while still wet. Do not discard cardstock.
15. Using a pencil, dab the eraser in the sheepskin paint and paint on the grapes.
16. Using a small detail brush, paint the curly vine.
17. Using a pencil, freehand the name of choice.
18. Repeat steps on the other side of the crate.
19. Once it is completely dry, rub the entire crate with Home Decor Antiquing Wax. Allow to dry.