Wine Tote & Beaded Glasses
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yd. of 39" wide wool felt, green
- 4-5 Assorted fat quarters, shades of purple & wine
- Purple floss
- Fabric glue
- Sturdy cardboard
- Basic sewing supplies
- Wine glasses
- Assorted beads
- Gold wire, 20 gauge & 24 gauge
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
FOR WINE TOTE:
- From felt, cut two side tote pieces 13-1/2"Wx9"H, two 4-1/2" circles for bottom and two 12"x1" pieces for handle. Cut one 4" circle from cardboard.
- Using 1/4" seam and right sides together, sew 9" sides together of one side tote piece.
- Mark center, back and sides of one bottom circle and one side tote piece. With right sides together and matching center, back and sides, sew bottom to side using 1/4" seam, clipping curves as needed.
- With wrong sides together, sew side seams of second side tote piece to form lining. Trim 1/2" off bottom of lining and slide the lining into the holder.
- Glue cardboard circle to remaining felt circle. Place in bottom of wine tote for rigidity, cardboard side facing down.
- Place both handles together and blanket stitch along long edges. Glue or stitch in place onto wine tote.
- Blanket stitch around the top edge of wine tote.
- Cut circles from various purple fabrics sized from 2" to 4".
- Turn down each circle's edge about 1/4" and sew a running stitch all around. Pull stitching tightly at the end to gather. Secure end and flatten to make each yo-yo.
- Glue yo-yos to front of carrier to form a "grape cluster". From scraps, cut a leaf shape and 2 strips of felt 1/2"x6" for stems. Glue in place.
FOR WINE GLASSES:
- String assorted beads onto the two gauges of wire.
- Wrap thinner wire around stem, arranging beads in place as desired.
- Wrap the thicker wire around base of stem, making curly "Q's" with the needle nose pliers as you go. Extend the thicker wire up the stem slightly to incorporate into design.