Winged Whimsy Birdhouse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt Outdoor Paint: Lemon Custard, Light Fuchsia, Grass Green, Wicker White
- Plaid Clear Acrylic Sealer, matte finish
- Large wooden birdhouse, hexagonal roof
- 2 Provo Craft wooden hearts
- 2 Provo Craft wooden hearts with swirl tips
- 5/16"x36" wooden dowel
- Tack cloth
- 1/2" soft bristle brush
- Liner brush
- Power drill, 5/16" bit
- Miter box and saw
- Wood glue
- Soft cloth
- In a well ventilated area, spray two light coats of spray sealer onto birdhouse, hearts & dowel. Allow to dry.
- Sand all surfaces thoroughly. Dust with tack cloth.
- Paint birdhouse with two coats of Lemon Custard. Allow to dry between coats.
- Refer to photo. Paint two coats of Light Fuchsia on sections of roof, hole, perch, base & hearts with swirl tips. Use liner brush to paint squiggly lines down each side as shown.
- Refer to photo. Mix small amount of Lemon Yellow with Grass Green. Paint knob, perch, base and hearts with two coats of the bright green color.
- Dip tip end of liner brush handle into bright green paint and paint dots onto roof, each side and Light Fuchsia hearts as shown. Allow to dry.
- Use tip end of liner brush to apply Light Fuchsia dots around edges of bright green hearts.
- Drill two angled holes, 1-1/2" apart, in the center of the bottom of birdhouse.
- Use miter box to cut a 16" section from dowel. Place cut section onto miter box. Cut center at a 45 angle.
- Paint two dowel sections with two coats of Lemon Yellow. Allow to dry.
- Apply wood glue to drilled holes. Push flat end of each painted dowel section into hole at least one inch. Allow to dry overnight.
- Use wood glue to adhere bright green hearts with Light Fuchsia dots to angled ends of painted dowels. 13. Use wood glue to adhere Light Fuchsia hearts with bright green dots to sides of birdhouse. 14. On palette, mix small puddle of Wicker White with several drops of water until paint is the consistency of ink. Apply in small sections to entire birdhouse, wings, legs, and feet. Wipe immediately with soft cloth to create a light whitewash over birdhouse.