SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint: Snow White, Burnt Orange, Leaf Green, Lamp Black, Slate Gray, Evergreen, Sapphire, Honey Brown, Citron Green, Tuscan Red, Purple Cow
- DecoArt® Sealers & Finishes: Multi-Purpose Sealer, DuraClear™ Matte Varnish
- Navy blue scrapbook with gold outlines on cover
- 1" oval wash brush
- #10 flat brush
- #16 flat brush
- #2 round brush
- 18/0 liner brush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Paper plate or palette paper
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Blue painter's tape
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Cotton ball
Note: Allow each step to dry thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.
1. Remove protective plastic cover from scrapbook.
2. Wipe scrapbook cover surface with alcohol placed on cotton ball. Apply blue painter's tape over gold outlines.
3. Using oval wash brush, paint area inside tape with Multi-Purpose Sealer.
4. Trace lettering, trees and hillside onto cover.
5. Paint trees Leaf Green using #10 flat brush.
6. Shade underneath rows of branches by taking #16 flat brush, dipping it into clean water, blotting on paper towel, dipping one corner of brush into Evergreen, and blending on palette until paint flows across bristles. Tip: Get one side of brush to have dark paint, then have it fade across bristles to clear water. This will create nice graduated shades. Repeat step to deepen shading.
7. To add snow to branches, repeat previous step by floating along tops of branches using Snow White. Repeat if necessary.
8. Paint hill Snow White with oval wash brush. This will take about three coats.
9. Paint lettering Snow White using #2 round brush.
10. Trace remainder of design onto cover. Paint snowman's face, carrot, hands, and bunny's muzzle and tail Snow White with #2 round brush.
11. Paint sled runners, supports and bunny Slate Gray and base of sled Honey Brown.
12. Paint bunny's scarf Purple Cow. Add Snow White stripes to scarf and swirls behind sled with liner brush.
13. Paint snowman's pants, alternate stripes on scarf, brim and tassel on hat Citron Green.
14. When dry, paint over Citron Green areas with Tuscan Red. This will help Tuscan Red show up better against dark background.
15. Paint snowman’s hat, other stripes on scarf, fringe and jacket Sapphire.
16. Paint carrot nose Burnt Orange. Paint eyes, bunny’s nose and snowman's boot Lamp Black and highlight each with Snow White.
17. Paint ropes on sled Honey Brown using liner brush.
18. Outline both bunny and snowman and add all detail lines with Lamp Black and liner brush.
19. Erase any visible transfer lines.
20. Varnish with DuraClear™ Matte Varnish; let dry completely. Carefully remove painter's tape.