Winter Woodlands Holiday Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam brand foam items:
- 18"x12"x2" block
- One 9"x4" cone, two 6"x3" cones
- Quilt batting
- 3 yds Silver beads
- Brown wire for stars
- 7 or 8 Cedar stems
- 1 lg. bag Dark green reindeer moss
- Floral wire
- Floral pins
- 2" Wood floral picks
- Floral shears
- Serrated knife
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- From foam block, measure and cut two 16"x2"x2" strips (A and B) and two 12"x2"x2" strips (C and D). Position strips A and B horizontally at top and bottom of work surface.
- Apply hot glue to one end each of four 2" floral picks and insert glued end halfway into ends of foam strips C and D, leaving 1" of pick exposed. Apply hot glue to exposed ends and push picks into bottom edge of strip A and top edge of strip B near ends, forming 16" square wreath shape.
- For hanger, cut 3" length from floral wire and twist ends together. Glue ends into top center back of wreath. Use glue gun to completely cover wreath with reindeer moss.
- Wrap foam cones with quilt batting; spot glue to secure. From silver bead garland, measure and cut two 30" lengths and one 48" length. Wrap garlands around trees according to size, pinning at back to secure. Glue a floral pick into bottom of each tree.
- Cut three lengths of brown wire to form 3 star shapes, leaving a small tail on each star. Dip star wire tail into glue then push into top of trees.
- Apply glue to exposed ends of tree picks and insert into center bottom of wreath as shown.
- Cut apart cedar stems and insert into wreath around all sides. Dip tips into hot glue before inserting into wreath.