Wire & Crystal Headband
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 20 gauge silver wire
- Silver crimp beads
- Assorted beads and crystals that fit wire
- 1/4" black elastic or 10" ribbon
- 2 silver connectors with 3 loops on one side, 1 on the other
- 2 double jump rings large enough for elastic or ribbon to go through
- Needle-nose pliers
- Crimp tool
- Wire cutters
- Measuring tape
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Measure around head where a headband would be placed. Cut 6 strands of wire 2½" shorter than head measurement, this allows for a gap in the back for closure.
2. Place a crimp bead in approximately the middle of one wire and secure it in place. Slide a crystal or bead up to the crimp bead then slide another crimp bead up to the bead and secure it to keep the bead from sliding around. Add the beads and crystals varying the distance between them from 1" to 3". Repeat on the remaining wires.
3. Use needle-nose pliers to form a small loop on the end of one wire. Put the loop end through one of the 3 loops on the connector and secure it by twisting the end of the loop around the wire. Connect the remaining 5 wires, two wires for each of the three loops on the connector.
4. Connect the other end of the wire to the other 3-loop connector crisscrossing the wires for added interest.
5. When the wires are securely connected, trim any wire ends so they will not get caught in the hair. Place one double jump ring on each of the two single connector loops. Thread elastic or ribbon through the jump rings and tie ends together for a comfortable fit.