Wire Embellished Bottles
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Craft Designer Wire: silver, 16- & 20-gauge, Black, 20-gauge
- Assorted beads
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- Round toothpick or large needle
- With wire cutters, cut three 6-1/2" pieces of 16-gauge wire and four 24' lengths of 20-gauge silver wire.
- To form a base for the bracelet, lay the 16-gauge wire pieces together side-by-side, taping center to work surface. Using thinner wire, begin wrapping the pieces together starting from center and working toward the end. Be sure to wrap the ends with some of the thinner wire to cover the cut edges. Continue back toward the center, remove the tape and wrap remaining base wires. Wraps do not need to be close together. The main purpose is to stabilize the three base wires.
- Add additional wraps to the bracelet with black and silver 20-gauge wire. Add beads as desired by threading a bead when forming a wrap. Starting at the center of the bracelet with the center of a piece of wire creates a more uniform look to the bracelet.
- Coils of wire may be made by wrapping the wire around a round toothpick or large needle.
- Be sure to "hide" ends of wire by placing ends in existing beads or by "burying" wire ends in existing wraps.
- After wrapping and adding beads and wire, bracelet may be gently bent to conform to wrist shape.