Wire-Wrapped & Beaded Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Three wood dowels, 5/16" diameter
- Wood stain or paint in colors of choice
- Paper & pencil
- Copper wire: 22-, 20- & 16-gauge
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- Wood saw
- Bubble liquid & bucket
- Cut wood dowels to 2" lengths. Paint or stain; set aside to dry. Draw bubble wand designs on paper. Cut 16-gauge wire to appropriate length, allowing additional length for decorative curls and spiral that attaches to the dowel.
- Attach wire to a piece of scrap dowel. Create basic shape following sketched design. Keep the shape flat so it easily can be dipped into a pan or bucket of bubble liquid.
- Once the basic shape is formed, continue to embellish with more wire and beads.
- Remove wire from the scrap dowel and attach it to the painted or stained dowel. Attach more wire and beads along the dowel as desired.
TIP: Use 16-gauge wire for the basic shape and the thinner, more flexible 20- and 22-gauge wire for decorative details.