SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Funkins pumpkin, small
- Two 12"x12" sheets scrapbook paper: 1 Halloween print, 1 black
- 3"x3" orange stripe scrapbooking paper
- 1 yd of 1/2" ribbon: orange & yellow check
- 1 skein heavy-weight yarn, black
- 2 wiggle eyes, 20mm
- Elmer's Painters: medium-tip green, black, red, yellow
- Elmer's Craft Bond extra-strength glue stick & tacky glue
- Ruler, scrap paper & pencil
- Sketch face ideas on scrap paper. Practice tracing over sketches with Painters.
- Refer to photo. Use Green Painters to paint face on Funkins pumpkin. Start in center using radiating lines & move outward, filling in. Leave an irregular edge, allowing some orange to show all around. Allow to dry.
- After green is dry, use tacky glue to attach wiggle eyes halfway down on Funkins pumpkin. Cut half circle eyelids from orange paper. Glue to top of each wiggle eye.
- Use pencil to draw nose, mouth and teeth onto Funkins pumpkin. Use black Painters to trace nose; use red Painters to trace mouth; and use yellow Painters to trace teeth.
- Measure & cut twenty 24" lengths of black yarn. Gather in center & bind with 2" length of yarn. Use tacky glue to attach bound area of yarn to top of head. Allow yarn to drape down sides of Funkins pumpkin.
- On work table, roll 12"x12" Halloween print paper into a cone, so 1 corner becomes point of the hat. Apply glue stick to overlapping edge for a 4" to 5" diameter opening. Note: press cone from inside to hold seam until it dries enough to let go. Trim paper.
- Put 1 hand up inside hat and use other to gently scrunch working from point down. Set aside.
- Cut irregular-shaped circle from 12"x12" black scrapbook paper. Place on Funkins pumpkin. Trim. Use tacky glue to attach brim to top of hair & head. Glue along edge of cone opening & place on top of brim. Wrap ribbon around base of cone & knot to one side. Secure knot with tacky glue.