Wizard Of Odd
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Funkins pumpkin
- Styrofoam brand foam:
- 2"x12"x1/2" sheet
- 9"x4" cone
- Acrylic paints: burnt orange, deep lilac, antique gold, off white, black
- Brown antiquing gel
- Natural raffia
- Wooden toothpicks
- Paintbrushes: 1-1/2" wash; liner; stencil
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Mixing bowl
- Liquid measuring cup
- Paper towels
- Star stencil, 1-1/2"
- Serrated knife or saw
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- White craft glue
- Dinner plate
- Using a dinner plate as a pattern cut hat brim from 1/2" foam sheet; use fingers to pinch & mold the brim edge smooth.
- Glue foam cone to center of hat brim. Apply glue to toothpicks; insert into cone through bottom of hat brim for added strength. Allow to dry. Use saw to cut top of the Funkins pumpkin off flat so hat will sit straight. Glue hat to top of Funkins pumpkin.
- Refer to photo. NOTE: Allow paint to dry between each step. Use pencil to draw face. Using liner brush, paint eyes, nose & mouth deep lilac. Paint same features black, allowing some purple to show around edges. Paint 2 small, curved black accent lines to outside of each eye. Use paintbrush handle to add antique gold dot to each eye. Use toothpick to add off-white highlight dot to gold dot.
- Using wash brush, apply 1 coat Gesso to hat; allow to dry. Paint hat antique gold; allow to dry. Stencil black stars onto hat; allow to dry.
- Follow package instructions to apply antiquing gel to entire pumpkin and hat; wipe away excess with paper towels. Note: The more gel applied & the longer the application time, the darker the antique effect will be.
- Tie several lengths of raffia into bow around hat.