1. Cut 28 pieces of cedar to measure 1-1/2"x12" using a miter saw. The lay out for the piece is 6-5-6-5-6.
2. Drill two holes one on each end of the cedar board using the electric drill and the 1/4" drill bit. Using a tape measure, measure 1" from each end to locate where to drill the holes, do this for all 28 pieces. The hole should be large enough for the metal rod to go through easily.
3. Spray paint all the pieces to the color of your choice. Spray several light coats to eliminate drips and runs. Allow to dry overnight.
4. Start with one row (6-5-6-5-6) and run the metal rod through one end of the cedar board, continue this with the next row, weaving the boards back and forth to create the above lay out.
5. Secure the cedar boards at each end of the metal rod with 1/4" lock bolts and washers.
6. Using Cedar cut a frame to go around the entire outer perimeter of the mat. Drill pilot holes into the frame to allow the metal rods ends to be hidden in the frame.
7. Secure the frame using galvanized screws at each of the four corners.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>